Carrot Dogs with Grilled OnionsPosted: April 23, 2017 Filed under: Food and it's Impact on Our Health, In The Kitchen with Millie- How To's, Recipes Leave a comment
Remember that fried foods eaten occasionally are fine as far as health goes, as long as you use traditional fats, NOT vegetable oils! I use duck or beef fat.
10 carrots, ends trimmed to make hot dog-size shape
1 cup soy sauce – since soy is so toxic I use Coconut Aminos or you can use Braggs Liquid Aminos
2 cups white wine
2 Tablespoons dill
minced fresh ginger root
2 cloves garlic, minced
ground pepper to taste
2 large yellow onions, sliced, grilled or sautéed in heavy iron pan on medium high heat.
1) Steam carrots until about half way cooked, should still be hard in the very middle.
2) Place carrots in marinade for two hours or overnight if you have the time.
3) In heavy iron skillet, with butter hot, brown on all sides.
4) Serve with onions and condiments of your choice.
5) My family uses toasted Ezekiel bread as buns but there are gluten free buns available.