Mint Chocolate Chip CookiesPosted: September 13, 2018
These gluten-free, paleo-friendly mint double chocolate cookies are rich, decadent and highly addictive. They’re firm on the outside and lusciously soft on the inside.
Yield: 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid at room temperature or melted butter
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degreest.
- Add the coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter, egg and peppermint flavoring to a bowl. Use a hand mixer to cream the ingredients together.
- Add the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt to the creamed ingredients and blend together again with the hand mixer. The dough will be VERY thick and hard to mix. That’s okay, you just need it combined.
- Then add the chocolate chips and use your hands to mix everything together. It’s easiest with your hands as the dough is so thick.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and use a cookie scoop to drop mounds of the dough onto the baking tray. Then flatten the cookies with your hands into flat, cookie-like shapes. These cookies will not flatten much with cooking, so mold them into the shape you’d like. At this stage, the dough will also seem overly oily, but that will disappear with cooking.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking tray before moving.