Bacon Meatballs with Mango Honey Mustard SaucePosted: September 2, 2018
These are on the menu for delivery this week. They would be just as good with chicken meatballs as with beef.
2 lbs ground grass-fed beef
6 slices of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 egg, whisked
1/4 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 t teaspoon chili powder
salt and pepper, to taste
For the dipping sauce;
1 mango, peeled and cut away from seed inside
2-3 tablespoons dry d mustard
1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon raw honey
dash of chili powder
salt, to taste
For the balls:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a large skillet over medium heat and add your diced bacon to it.
- Once bacon has rendered some fat in the pan, add your onions. Mix together and poke at it randomly to make sure the bacon and onions don’t burn. Once bacon is cook through, add the bacon and onions to a plate with a paper towel on it to cool and soak up some excess fat.
- Now add your ground beef to a large bowl, then add your cooled bacon and onions, along with egg, almond flour, and seasonings.
- Use your hands to mix all that goodness up thoroughly.
- Now roll into golf ball size balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for around 12 minutes, using tongs, turn meatballs over. Bake another 10 minutes.
For the dipping sauce:
- While your meatballs are baking, time to make your sauce.
- Add your peeled and sliced mango to a food processor and puree until your have a sauce.
- Now add your ground mustard, yellow mustard, and honey to it and puree it all together.
- Taste to see if you want it sweeter or more tangy and add extra honey or mustard as needed.
- Add spices and salt and puree one more time.