Coffee, Cinnamon and Hazelnut CakesPosted: June 8, 2015 Filed under: Recipes | Tags: #BeyondPaleo, #Paleo Dessert, gluten-free, lactose free Leave a comment
Coffee, Cinnamon and Hazelnut Cakes
Serving Size : 8
1/2 cup sweet rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
3/4 cup hazelnuts
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons butter
3 teaspoons instant coffee
Preheat oven to 350F.
1) Butter iron muffin tin.
2) In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, hazelnuts, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and whizz until hazelnuts are finely ground. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and whisk pulse until batter is smooth.
3) In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in instant coffee powder and stir to dissolved. Add coffee=melted butter mixture to the batter and pulse until butter is completely incorporated.
4) Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
5) Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the cakes spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6) Take cakes out of the muffin pan and allow to cool on a wire rack
7) When ready to serve, invert cakes onto a plate and remove their wrappers. Cakes can be served at room temperature or slightly warmed.