Cauliflower TotsPosted: June 5, 2015
Pic from Hungry Empress
Serving Size : 4
2 cups cooked cauliflower florets — finely chopped in food processor
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1/2 cup onion – diced small, sautéed in butter
1 cup grated potato
3 Tablespoon minced dried basil
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1/2 cup gluten breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons butter
1) Steam a little over 2 cups raw cauliflower florets , 4 to 5 minutes or until tender but not mushy, then drain well. I put something heavy on top of it in the colander to drain it well, left it to sit while I steamed to grated potatoes.
2) Steam potatoes about 7 or 8 minutes.
3) Preheat oven to 420°F. Butter mini muffin tins.
4) In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Spoon 2 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.