Salmon Lasagna with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Fresh BasilPosted: September 17, 2014
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 pounds skinless fresh salmon fillets
14 ounces jar of roasted red pepper — drained
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
9 dried lasagna noodles — cooked, rinsed
1/2 cup soy sour cream
12 ounces jar of marinara sauce
1 cup caramelized onions
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons soy parmesan
1) Sauté onions in butter to caramelize, add minced garlic when onions are ready, sauté briefly. Add dried basil, sauté, covered, for about 5 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, bake salmon at 350 for 15 minutes. Break up with fork after it is baked.
3) In a food processor bowl, process or blend the roasted peppers till nearly smooth. Add sour cream, 2/3 of the parmesan, marinara, onion mixture. fresh basil, salt, and pepper. Process or blend till combined. Set aside.
4) TO ASSEMBLE: Lightly grease a 2 quart rectangular baking dish. Place a thin layer of sauce, top with salmon, top with sauce. Continue layering, ending with sauce.
5) Bake, covered, in a 375 degrees oven for 30-35 minutes, or till heated through. Uncover, top with parmesan, bake another 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.