Homemade BBQ sauce with Nutritious Beef BrothPosted: March 2, 2013
Another Great Post from Holistic Squid!
Nutrient Dense BBQ Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1-finely diced white onion
- 1 ½ heads of garlic, shredded
- 4 cups beef bone broth – learn how to make beef bone broth here
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups molasses
- ½ teaspoons allspice
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 3 cups tomato paste
- ¾ cup spicy mustard
- 3 teaspoons horse radish
Nutrient Dense BBQ Dipping Sauce Method
- Heat onions & garlic in 4 cups bone broth on medium stove heat.
- Turn stove heat down to low.
- Add all other ingredients, and combine completely by stirring.
- All sauce to cook for 45 minutes – 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- At this point, test the thickness of your sauce. When you’re happy with the consistency, remove it from the heat.
- If you want a thicker sauce continue to cook down with occasional stirring.
- If you want a thinner sauce, add ¼ cup bone broth or water at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
Yields: 3 quarts