Thai Spices Shrimp Salad With Asian Greens, Pesto DressingPosted: February 13, 2013
1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
a few drop[s of toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/8 teaspoon red curry paste
1 pound shrimp
1/2 head Chinese cabbage
small head Bok Choy
4 each scallions
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons lime juice
1) Grind peanuts in food processor, add rice vinegar, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper.
2) Heat coconut milk with red curry paste, cumin whisked in. add shrimp and cook until shrimp are bright pink. chill, in freezer, leaving shrimp in sauce.
3) Remove from freezer. drain, retaining coconut milk for a sauce.
4) When you cut the Bok Choy, separate the greens from the white part. steam white part of bok choy about 5 minutes, then add greens and Napa cabbage. just allow to get bright green, you want them crisp.
5) Spread greens on plate, top with sauce. Add pesto on top and garnish with scallion and cilantro.