Salmon Fillets with BaconPosted: July 20, 2012 Filed under: Food and it's Impact on Our Health Leave a comment
8 slices bacon, chopped (use more butter to sauté if using turkey bacon)
1 Teaspoon butter
4 8 oz. salmon filets
salt and pepper, to taste
6-8 large handfuls of salad greens
2 scallions, cut into rings
2-3 tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
4 boiled eggs (optional)
1. Fry bacon in a lightly buttered, heated frying pan. Cook until the bacon begins to go from crisp to hard brown, then remove and drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining butter, and immediately put salmon fillets in the pan, taking care not to overcrowd, and sear on each side, then continue to cook at lower heat for 1-2 minutes, or until desired doneness.
3. Combine salad greens and scallions in a large bowl and set aside. Transfer the salmon fillets to four plates.
4. Squeeze some lemon juice into the frying pan and pour the juices over the waiting undressed salad. Toss the salad, add the bacon bits and toss again, and add to the plate with the salmon.
5. If using boiled eggs, cut in half and add 2 halves to each plate. Serve warm.