Millie’s Gluten Free GranolaPosted: May 18, 2012
The best granola you’ve ever tasted!
Years ago I found Adele Davis’s Granola for sale at Jacksonville’s first health food store (1973), I fell in love. I have never tasted a better granola. Here is my gluten free recipe that started with that inspiration.
Serve with almond milk to keep the carbs lower.
6 cups gluten free oats- Publix carries it here locally or you can find it online from Bob’s Red Mill
2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup water
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
2) Mix first 7 ingredients together.
3) Make a well in the middle of the granola, add honey. Pour HOT water over it and mix.
4) Spread on two cookie sheets, pat down firmly. You want it to bake together; this will form nice clumps of chewy granola.
5) At the end of an hour, gently stir and turn so that it can brown, being careful to leave it it clumps.
6) Bake until browned evenly, periodically spreading granola in from sides as it tends to brown quicker on the edges.
7) Cool on cookie sheets. When cooled completely store in air-tight containers. Glass canning jars work great!