I am a Chef and Nutrition Coach with 40 years of nutrition research under my belt. I have been cooking for and teaching my clients how to obtain optimal health, heal from cancer, manage and/or eliminate allergies, gain a much higher level of energy, lose weight and improve athletic performance.
When we maintain a diet that nurtures us fully and keeps our bodies in shape through rigorous exercise, the rest falls into place. We cannot have a healthy mind within an ailing body. We need a diet that lets our bodies run efficiently while meeting our nutrient needs. We need an exercise regimen that challenges our bodies so they can stay strong and limber.
What Do I Mean by Beyond Paleo?
I cook a mostly Mediterranean Diet with an abundant amount of Fruits, vegetables, soups, salads and a moderate amount of high quality proteins and a moderate amount of healthy fats. Americans get hung up about their caloric intake, but what is WAY more important id nutrient levels. In other words, in order to be healthy you have to meet your nutrient needs or you will not be healthy.
Primitive man did NOT avoid saturated fats; they are necessary for all biological functions. They are the most important nutrient in our diet. Our most common diseases at this point are from lack of this essential nutrient.
A Traditional Human Diet should follow these guidelines; • One fourth of the caloric intake each day should be of grass fed meat, organic proteins and cage free, organic eggs.
• One third of your calories intake each day should come from fats; saturated fats should be 75% of that.
• The remaining calories should be vegetables and fruits with an eye on working toward the lower glycemic vegetables.
• Occasional use of non-gluten grains, personally I save any intake for desserts..after all, who wants to give up brownies or cookies?
• Most of your carbs should be from low glycemic vegetables.
• No milk from any animal, no gluten, no soy, no protein powders. I cook with almond milk or coconut milk.
• Eat only organic meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. If you have to choose between grass fed and organic meat, choose grass fed (for the depth of nutrients).
• Supplements are not needed on a day to day basis. They should be used for serious deficiencies, as when recovering from or healing from cancer, lupus, MS or during chemo or radiation.
• I cook with bone stocks that I make, this gives you calcium and iron.
Please fill out the form below and I will contact you;