Roasted Bananas with Poached Pink GrapefruitPosted: January 1, 2023 Filed under: Recipes | Tags: #delivery, #glutenfree, #healthyeating, #Lactosefree, #mealdelivery, #MillieBarnes, #Ortega, #pescatarian, #Riverside, #SanMarco, #vegetarian, #weightloss Leave a comment
Serving Size : 4
2 large pink grapefruit — sectioned
1 large pink grapefruit — juice only
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 lemons — zested
4 large bananas — ripe
1 tablespoon honey
1) Peel grapefruit over bowl to retain juice. carefully section grapefruit so as not to break the sections.
2) Pour all the juice into a saucepan with the lemon juice, honey and lemon zest. simmer until it is reduced in half.
3) Turn off heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes. place grapefruit sections in pan with warm juice and toss.
4) Preheat oven to 500° . peel bananas and slice once lengthwise. place in glass baking dish. roast approximately 3-4 minutes, until bananas are fairly soft.
5) To serve, place bananas with some of the juice that cooked out of them into a shallow bowl and spoon grapefruit sections with juice over the bananas.