Caribbean Mango ColeslawPosted: May 2, 2019
I made this last week for the clients and I am now SO addicted! I always have a batch of some kind of Cole Slaw as it is a great salad and prebiotic. Actually I should say I always have Pressed Salad. I prep my veggies and then put them in a salad press for 5 or 6 hours. It removes a good bit of the moisture and allows the dressing to not get watered down.
- 3 cups cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 cups red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 medium Spanish onion, diced very small
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons fresh mayo
- 1 teaspoons Caribbean hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Using a food processor slice the cabbages very thin. Grate carrot and dice onions. Place in salad press. Or place food in colander and cover with a plate, then add weights. (I use about 4 iron skillets and a Dutch oven because I make it in large amounts!) With either method salt the veggies to help pull liquid out of the veggies.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, lime juice, mayo, spices and hot sauce until combined.
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, mango, jalapeño, carrot, garlic and then drizzle mustard dressing on top.
- When ready to serve, add cilantro and toss everything together.
- Serve and enjoy!