Salmon Soba Noodle Bowl with Asparagus, Shiitakes, and EggPosted: April 23, 2018
On the menu, for delivery tomorrow!
Soba Noodle Bowl with Asparagus, Shiitakes, Egg and Kimchi
For the soba noodles:
4- 6 ounce salmon filets
1 1/2 cups tahini
6 Tbs. fresh lime juice
4 Tbs. Coconut Aminos- (soy-free soy sauce)
4 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
10 oz. dried soba noodles
For the vegetables:
6 Tbs. Sesame oil
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
2 Tbs. Coconut Aminos- (soy-free soy sauce)
2 heads Bok choy, leaves separated, cut into 3-inch pieces
1 1/2 lb. shiitake mushrooms, brushed clean, stemmed and sliced
4 hard- or soft-cooked eggs
1 cup (4 oz./125 g) kimchi
1/2 cup (1 1/2 oz./45 g) sliced green onions
3 Tbs. sesame seeds (I used Gamasio)
1. To make the soba noodles, in a bowl, whisk together the tahini, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, oil, garlic and 3 Tbs. water. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
2. To make the vegetables, in a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 Tbs. of the oil. Add the asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes. Add 1 Tbs. of the soy sauce and cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
3. In the same pan over medium-high heat, warm another 2 Tbs. of the oil. Add the Bok Choy and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1 Tbs. soy sauce and cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
4. In the same pan over medium-high heat, warm the remaining 2 Tbs. oil. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt. Set aside.
5. In the same pan, sear salmon (salt and pepper on on both sides) in butter and sesame oil about 4 minutes on each side.
5. Peel and halve the eggs lengthwise.
6. Add the tahini dressing to the noodles, thinning the dressing with 1 to 2 Tbs. of water if needed. Toss the noodles to coat, and divide among 4 bowls. Top with the vegetables, salmon, eggs, and kimchi. Garnish with the green onions and sesame seeds and serve immediately. Serves 4.