Roasted Bananas with Poached Red GrapefruitPosted: April 5, 2018
This simple dish is very elegant and is one of my all time favorite desserts. Great for breakfast also!
Serving Size : 4
2 large red grapefruit — sectioned
1 large red grapefruit — juice only
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 lemons — zested
4 large bananas — ripe
1 tablespoon honey
1) Peel grapefruit over bowl to retain juice. Carefully section grapefruit so as not to break the sections.
2) Pour all the juice into a saucepan with the lemon juice, honey and lemon zest. simmer until it is reduced in half.
3) Turn off heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes. place grapefruit sections in pan with warm juice and toss.
4) Preheat oven to 500°. Peel bananas and slice once lengthwise. Place in glass baking dish. roast approximately 3-4 minutes, until bananas are fairly soft.
5) to serve, place bananas with some of the juice that cooked out of them into a shallow bowl and spoon grapefruit sections with juice over the bananas.