Tropical Shrimp and Pineapple SkewersPosted: July 24, 2017
1 cup pineapple, cubed
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon chili sauce
¾ cup water
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
½ tablespoon salt
¼ cup coconut cream
1 lime, juiced
2 limes, zested and divided
3 tablespoons cornstarch slurry (2 tablespoons water mixed with 1 tablespoon cornstarch)
1 pineapple, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. Place wooden skewers in a bowl of water to soak for at least 10 minutes.
2. Puree the pineapple, garlic, chili sauce, and water in a food processor.
3. Heat a pan over medium heat, and add the pureed sauce mixture.
4. Add vinegar, salt, coconut cream, lime juice, zest of one lime, and salt, and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer.
5. Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl to create the slurry, then add the mixture into the sauce and simmer until the sauce thickens, about a minute.
6. Skewer the pineapple and shrimp, then brush sauce on both sides.
7. Grill skewers over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
8. Sprinkle finished skewers with lime zest and serve with remaining sauce.