Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs- AND Instruction on the BEST way to cook boiled eggs!Posted: July 10, 2017
The way I cook eggs for this dish guarantees that they peel easy!
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 6 tablespoons fresh mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- 4 ounces good smoked salmon, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces salmon roe
1) Place an expandable steamer in a medium sized saucepan. Fill with water just below the steamer. Bring to a full, hard boil. Place eggs quickly in steamer and put a lid on. Steam for exactly 18 minutes. Immediately plunge eggs in to an ice bath. In about 10 mintes, peel eggs.
2) Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks carefully. Place the yolks in a bowl and mash with a fork. Arrange the whites on a platter in a single layer with the cut sides up and sprinkle with salt.
3) To the egg yolks, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, salmon, salt, and pepper. Mix well. With a small spoon, fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture. Cover loosely with plastic wrap (you don’t want to flatten the filling) and refrigerate for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
4) When ready to serve, garnish with a dollop of salmon roe and some extra chopped chives. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.