Stuffed Peppers with Red Pepper SaucePosted: February 2, 2017
Serving Size : 4
1 medium onion — chopped
2 Tablespoons butter
2 pounds hamburger
12 ounces mushrooms — quartered
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 tablespoons thyme — crumbled
salt and pepper — ground
4 large green peppers — cored
1 small garlic clove
6 large roasted red peppers
8 basil leaves
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper — to taste
1/3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1) Sauté green pepper tops, onions and thyme until onions are transparent, add mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
2) Meanwhile brown hamburger well in a heavy bottomed pot.
3) Add quinoa, salt and pepper and meat when all is done.
4) oven to 400° and very lightly oil a baking dish just large enough for all the peppers to fit in
5) Spoon the stuffing compactly into the peppers and arrange in the baking dish. cover the pan tightly with its lid or foil and bake for 1 hour.
6) In blender, blend roasted red peppers w/ 1 1/2 T. arrowroot, one teaspoon balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard and a small amount of pepper and salt to taste. simmer to dissolve arrowroot, serve warm on peppers.