Chocolate Brownie CookiesPosted: October 30, 2015
Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Serving Size : 50
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon brewed espresso
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 ounces extra-bittersweet chocolate — chopped
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate — chopped
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer, briefly whip the eggs to break them up. Add the sugar, espresso, and vanilla and beat on high speed for 15 minutes, until thick.
4) While the eggs are whipping, place the butter in the top of a double boiler, or in a small metal bowl suspended over a pot of simmering (not boiling) water, and scatter the extra-bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate on top. Heat until the butter and chocolate melt. Remove the boiler top from over the water and stir the chocolate and butter until smooth.
5) Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until partially combined (there should still be some streaks). Add the flour mixture to the batter and carefully fold it in. Fold in the chocolate chips.Chill the batter in the freezer for a half hour.
6) Drop the batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets and bake until puffed and cracked, 8 to 9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before removing from the baking sheets.
Variation; Substitute 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts or dried sour cherries for an equal amount of the chocolate chips.