Making Dijon Mustard!Posted: March 27, 2014
Beyond Paleo is now offering Organic Dijon Mustard. I’ve always wanted to make this condiment, so did so several months back and am very happy with the result! Please go to the webpage to order- Culinary Products
It’s easy to make;
Find organic mustard seeds;
I grind mine at this point in a coffee grinder. You could use a mortar and pestle.
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a large glass jar and stir to combine. Cover tightly and let sit at room temperature for 2 days.
- Remove the plastic wrap and transfer the mustard mixture to a blender. Blend until the desired consistency is reached, about 30 seconds for a coarse texture. (Keep in mind that it’s not possible for this mustard to reach a completely smooth consistency.) Transfer the mustard to a small, nonreactive container with a tight fitting lid, cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 months.