Homemade BBQ Sauce with a Secret Superfood IngredientPosted: June 24, 2013
I found this recipe on Holistic Squid
I will be making and offering this for sale on the Meal Delivery Service.
1-finely diced Vidalia or Spanish onion
5 Tablespoons of minced onion
4 cups beef bone broth
½ cup apple cider vinegar
2 cups molasses
½ teaspoons allspice
2 tablespoons celery salt
3 cups tomato paste
¾ cup spicy mustard
3 teaspoons horse radish
- Heat onions & garlic in 4 cups bone broth on medium stove heat.
- Turn stove heat down to low.
- Add all other ingredients, and combine completely by stirring.
- All sauce to cook for 45 minutes – 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- At this point, test the thickness of your sauce. When you’re happy with the consistency, remove it from the heat.
- If you want a thicker sauce continue to cook down with occasional stirring.
- If you want a thinner sauce, add ¼ cup bone broth or water at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
Yields: 3 quarts