Pan Seared Salmon with Dill-Pistachio PistouPosted: October 28, 2012
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill or 3 Tablespoons Dried Dill
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions (about 2)
- 1/2 cup shelled natural pistachios or almonds, toasted, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup organic butter
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch matchsticks
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed, strings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
Mix dill, green onions, pistachios, and 1/4 cup melted butter in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat 3 Tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and sauté until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add snap peas, garlic, and 1/4 cup water; sprinkle with salt. Sauté until vegetables are just tender and water evaporates, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 1 rounded tablespoon pistou. Transfer vegetables to platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Reserve skillet (do not clean).
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter in reserved skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, in skillet; cook until skin is crisp, about 3 minutes. Turn salmon and cook until almost opaque in center, about 3 minutes longer. Arrange salmon fillets over vegetables on platter. Spoon some pistou down center of each fillet and serve, passing remaining pistou alongside.