Sunburst Zucchini RecipePosted: July 26, 2012
Brother Ron Pickarski’s Book, Friendly Foods, is one of the best vegetarian cookbook’s out there. While I do not advocate a vegetarian diet because it is not healthy, many veggie cookbooks are a great source of vegetable dishes.. Brother Ron Pickarski,is a professional chef who is also a Franciscan brother
His book is amazing, I have made every recipe in it and they are all awesome. I do not recommend the grain, tofu and tempeh recipes as soy and grains are highly toxic to humans…but all the veggie dishes are great.
Here is a summer squash recipe you will love!
1 Tablespoon butter
1 medium butternut squash- cut in one inch cubes
3 medium zucchini- cut in 1/2 inch thick half moons
2 medium yellow squash- cut in 1/2 in thick half moons
1/2 of a large Spanish onion- thin half moons
1 inch cube of fresh ginger- grated on a ginger grater, use juice and ginger
1/4 red pepper- used for garnish, cut in matchsticks
salt and pepper to taste
1) Sauté onions and ginger until onion is translucent.
2) Steam butternut squash until tender but not falling apart.
3) Steam zucchini and yellow squash just until tender.
4) Gently combine all ingredients. Adjust seasonings.
3) Garnish with strips of red pepper.