Gluten Free French Bread or Pizza DoughPosted: March 4, 2012 Filed under: In The Kitchen with Millie- How To's Leave a comment
This recipe is for pizza or French Bread- Because this dough is not as stiff as dough with gluten I use the French bread pans shown with Teflon paper but you could use parchment paper.
4 cups white rice flour
2 cups tapioca flour
2 t. xantham gum
1 t. salt
1 ½ T. honey
1 ¾ cups warm water
1 ½ T. yeast
1 T. butter
7 egg whites
1) Combine dry ingredients (except yeast) in bowl.
2) Whisk together yeast, warm water and honey. let proof until bubbly.
3) Make egg whites into meringue. beat about 5 minutes, just short of too dry. you want it STIFF.
4) Add yeast mixture to flours, add butter, stir well. add meringue, Fold in well.
5) Using French bread tins or pizza stone; make into loaves or pizza. Let rise again. bake at 350, until fairly brown. turn over once during baking time, to assure crispness on bottom. if making French bread loaves; pat on bottom of loaf, it should sound very hollow.
This bread needs to be eaten the day it is made, it gets grainy after than and the texture isn’t quite right. BUT it is amazing right out of the oven!