Chocolate Shortbread CookiesPosted: October 24, 2019
On the Menu for delivery Week after next. I love shortbread cookies!
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1. In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and cocoa; add to creamed mixture. Beat until dough holds together, about 3 minutes.
2. Pat into a 9×4-in. rectangle. Cut into 2×1-1/2-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork.
3. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.