Gluten and Dairy Free Pound cake with LemonPosted: May 2, 2012
PHOTOGRAPH BY Romulo Yanes
- 3/4 cups rice flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup coconut milk yogurt – I make my own but SO had a great one
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter to grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/4-inch loaf pan
Preheat oven to 350°. Coat pan butter. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- Whisk flours, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub sugar with lemon zest in a large bowl until sugar is moist. Add yogurt, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract; whisk to blend. Fold in dry ingredients just to blend.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 50–55 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool completely.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature