Pad ThaiPosted: January 21, 2012
2 pounds large shrimp
1 pound rice linguine
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoons minced garlic
3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
¼ cup honey
1 dash white pepper
1 bunch scallions
2 Tablespoons nam pla
2 Tablespoons Bragg’s Amino Acid
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup peanuts
1 head broccoli – cut in floweret’s
3 carrots- matchstick cut
½ head Chinese cabbage- sliced thin
3 whole limes
1 Tablespoon ketchup
¼ teaspoon red curry paste – or to taste
¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1) Cook rice noodles al dente. Rinse and drain well.
2) Prep vegetables and have everything ready beside the stove.
3) Stir garlic and coconut oil in pot. Add curry paste and stir well. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add ketchup, vinegar, nam pla. Simmer a few minutes, remove from heat and add sesame oil and set aside.
4) Heat coconut oil and add carrots, cook until al dente, add cabbage and stir fry until wilted, add broccoli and continue to toss until broccoli is bright green.
5) Remove veggies and cook shrimp until bright pink.
4) Toss all veggies in sauce, add pasta and shrimp. Add fresh lime juice of two limes, add scallions.